- List the duties of a fire warden
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Assist in the management of evacuation procedures and drills
- Select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace and assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire alarms, detectors, emergency lighting and fire fighting equipment.
- Ensure fire equipment is inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Advise staff on measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring and on action to take in the event of an emergency
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Our Fire Safety Awareness course is aimed at all employees that are appointed as designated Fire Safety Wardens
CAN THIS COURSE BE DONE ONLINE?
Yes. This course can be delivered online over Zoom, but without the use of fire extinguishers
3-4 hours depending on use of fire extinguishers
Upon successful completion of this course all participants will be issued with a 2 year certificate
‘I chose Evergreen Training to do my Compliance Officer training. I found Annemarie to be extremely knowledgeable. She gave me the awareness and ability to do the Induction Training with my staff and safely reopen The Rediscovery Centre’.
‘Just finished my 3 day FAR course. I am delighted that through the powerful presentation and excellent communication skills of the tutor, Annemarie Byrne, I have a better understanding and feel more confident in my skill strengths at work. I have definitely gained more insight and knowledge through this course’.
‘Having worked alongside Annemarie I found she had great passion, drive and determination. Her students excelled in their work from her enthusiastic and outgoing nature’.
‘Annemarie was a patient and extremely knowledgable teacher. She was kind and encouraging and showed passion in what she was teaching’.
‘Annemarie was extremely knowledgable and the course was well run and informative. The practical side was brilliant and we got a great start from Annemarie who really knows her stuff’.